The gaming culture has dramatically changed in recent days, it has made many people connect and play around a wide community. The time that is spent on mobile, television is completely occupied by massively multiplayer role-playing games(MMRPG’s) that you with players all around the world and make you utilize the time.
For hosting the multiplayer games servers are required, dedicated servers is a cluster of the server that customizes your game, choose the best version of the well-known game and connect with friends.
Playing the game as a single-user makes your gaming experience low, whereas playing with multiple players creates more interest and gaming spirit.
Game Server Uses
The gaming server contains two ends, one game client that is handled at home and the other is the server. The game client deals with game graphics, gaming control, and sound effect, the server deals with gaming action, player position, and game rules.
The computer itself can act as a server but the major disadvantage is the ports get blocked, security issue rises and can’t handle multiple players.
Dedicated Game Server Advantages
The dedicated servers must function all days and time 24*7, it must be able to handle high traffic when gaming users increases.
They provide a better performance, flexible, reduces the lag issue, provides good response time, able to know player ranking competing with each other, and motivate players by forecasting achievements.
The players can chat, make voice chat with the gaming community and installed with the mint panel.
How To Choose Dedicated Game Server
The technical specification of the games must match with the server, the uptime must less since continuous crashing of games reduce players, and the SSD must be at tier 1 that provides the best performance.
The budget of the server, customization of server, whether voice servers are available and the server is protected with DDoS. The continuous service available after purchasing, whether the trial period is available and the price of the server includes gaming modules.
Best Dedicated Game Server Host Providers
The best hosting servers that provide dedicated gaming providers with supporting features and bandwidth.
- InMotion Hosting
- 1&1 IONOS
It is a dedicated gaming server with VPS hosting option also they have a specific target on games like Rust, Minecraft and Conan Exiles. The features of GameServers.com are they provide 24*7*365 days customer support, on-time activations, concessions in game plans, provide voice chat and can handle a large number of gaming networks also.
The server RAm speed is much higher and the plans they provide are affordable. The plans provided by game servers are
- E3-1220 – They provide 16GB RAM, HDD storage of 1TB, processor used is 4 cores*3.0Ghz and protected with DDos mitigation 10Gbps
- E3-1240v3 – The storage capacity is 16GB RAM, SSD storage od 240GB, the bandwidth of 10TB, the processor used is 4 cores*3.4Ghz and for protection DDos mitigation 10Gbps
- E3-1270v5 – The processor used is 6 cores*3.5Ghz, RAM speed of 64GB, SSD storage of 240GB, the bandwidth of 10TB and security protection using DDoS mitigation 10Gbps
- E5-1650v3 – The processor used is 6 cores*3.5Ghz, RAM speed of 64Gb, SSD storage 240Gb, the bandwidth of 10TB and protected with DDoS mitigation 10Gbps
2. A2 Hosting
The A2 hosting provides four plans for gaming and three levels for management. The categories users of the game as two one know are technically strong can handle unmanaged options in the games also, and the other one is who handles only managed servers.
The A2 hosting provides fast and secured transmission and they provide anytime money-back guarantee. The plans are
- Unmanaged Flex Server – The plan contains three categories sprint, exceed and match. The key features are: the root key access can be handled independently by you, the processor contains 2 to 8 cores, RAM speed of 8 to 16 GB, bandwidth contains 10TB to 20TB and provides SSL
- Discount SSD Server – The processor contains 2 to 8 cores, RAM speed of 8 to 16 GB, individual access for root, hostguard management, the bandwidth of 10 to 20 TB and free access for SSL
- Managed Flex Server – The processor used contains 2 to 8 cores, RAM speed of 8 to 16 Gb, a bandwidth of 10 to 20 TB, free access for cPanel control panel, SSL and full host guard management
- Core Flex Server – The bandwidth is 10 to 20TB, processor 8 to 16GB, full access for hostguard management, cPanel control panel, root access, and free SSL
The best gaming server that provides reliable service, uptime guarantee, and unlimited bandwidth access. The Hostgator has been operated for more than 10 years with dedicated gaming service. The plans provided by Hostgator are:
- Value Server – The RAM speed 8GB, processor 4 core, and 8 thread Intel Xeon-D, 44*7 customer support, HDD storage of 1 TB, OS used is CentOS cPanel or Windows Plesk and they provide the option to select between managed or semi-managed servers.
- Power Server – The servers can be chosen between managed or semi-managed servers, instant account activation, 2TB HDD storage, RAM speed of 16GB, the processor used is 8 core and 16 thread Intel Xeon-D and anytime customer support.
- Enterprise Server – The processor used is 8 core and 16 thread Intel Xeon-D, RAM speed of 30GB, SSD storage of 1TB, operating system used is CentOS cPanel, 24*7 support, immediate account activation and can be chosen between managed or semi-managed service
BlueHost is a popular dedicated game hosting server that is easy to access and secured. They provide economical services, instant account activation, free upgrade to other plans and 30 days money-back guarantee. The plans of Bluehost are:
- Standard plan – The RAM speed used is 4Gb, the processor used is 4 core and 8 threads, a bandwidth of 5TB, 24*7 customer support, free domain access, SSL access, and IP addresses.
- Enhanced plan – Bandwidth of 10TB, RAM speed of 8GB, 1 domain access, 4 IP addresses, SSL access, the processor used is 4 cores and 8 threads.
- Premium plan – The processor used is 4 cores and 8 threads, RAM speed of 16GB, a bandwidth of 15TB, 1 domain access, 5 IP addresses, SSL service, and 1TB mirrored storage.
5. InMotion Hosting
The InMotion hosting provides SSD service for all gaming sources without any additional cost. They provide 24*7*365 days customer service, protected with DDoS and the uptime is 99.99%. Inmotion hosting provides 3 plans
- Essential – The processor used is 4 core and 8 threads, a clock speed of 9GHz, bandwidth of 6TB, HDD space of 500GB, RAM speed of 4GB, 5 free IP addresses, free SSD, RAID software and CPU cache 8MB
- Advanced – The processor used is 4 core and 8 threads, RAM speed of 8GB, a bandwidth of 10TB, 2 hours managed to host, 10 IP addresses, CPU cache of 8MB, software used is RAID and free SSD
- Elite – The processor used is Intel Xeon E3-1270v6, a clock speed of 2GHz, a cache of 8MB, 15 IP addresses, free SSD, 2 hours free managed service, HDD space of 2 TB and data center can be chosen
GoDaddy is a popular dedicated gaming server that provides VPS, cloud and shared hosting. They provide complete access to root, provide secure and flexible service. Godaddy provides discounts on particular plans, backup for free and uptime of 99.999% with 24*7 customer support. The plans provided by Godaddy are:
- Economy – The processor used is 1x Xeon E3-1220-v3 with a clock speed of 1 GHz, RAM speed of 4 GB, unlimited bandwidth access, 3 IP addresses and 1 year SSL certification
- Value – The processor used is 1x Xeon E3-1220-v3, disk space of 5TB, a clock speed of 1GHz, 3 IP addresses and 1 year SSL certification
- Deluxe – The Bandwidth is unlimited, disk space of 2 TB, RAM speed of 2 TB, a clock speed of 1 GHz, 3 IP addresses and 1 year SSL certification
- Ultimate – The bandwidth is unmetered, 3 IP address, RAM speed of 32GB, clock speed is 1GHz, the processor installed is 1x Xeon E3-1220-v3 and 1 year SSL certification
7. Known Host
The known host is private servers for gaming purposes and provides managed VPS hosting. The company has more than 15 years experience and it has a sister concern, RocketVPS which provide unmanaged VPS hosting, also they have Uber Hosting for providing shared hosting. They have 4 plans for providing dedicated servers:
- KH-MD1- The processor used is i7-6700 with RAM speed of 8GB, HDD storage of 256GB, and bandwidth of 6TB
- KH-MD2- The processor used is Xeon E3-1270v5 with RAM 8GB, HDD storage of 6TB and provides RAID for additional charges.
- KH-MD3- The processor used is 2 Xeon E5-2430v2, RAM speed of 8GB, HDD storage of 256GB, bandwidth of 8TB and RAID for an additional cost.
- KH-MD4- The processor used is 2 Xeon E5-2620v3 with RAM speed of 16GB, HDD memory of 256Gb, and bandwidth of 12TB
8. Liquid Web
The LiquidWeb provides reliable, secure, speedy service with 100% network coverage and complete uptime guarantee. They provide high RAM, voice chat and best on-time services. Liquid Web prices are cheap though you can look for VPS Black Friday Deals to save more on long term purchases.
- Single Processor Plans – The processor has 4 to 6 cores with RAM of 16GB to 32GB, a clock speed of 5GHz, a bandwidth of 5TB, protected with DDoS and hardware firewall.
- Dual Processor Plans – The processor has 16 to 24 cores, RAM speed of 32GB, a clock speed of 1GHz, a bandwidth of 8TB, protected with DDos and hardware firewall.
OVH.com provides the best gaming server that provides voice chat, game hosting at affordable cost and provides advanced features at extra charges. They provide 3 plans:
- Game 32 – The processor has 4 to 8 thread cores, RAM speed of 32GB, the storage capacity of 500GB, a clock speed of 4GHz, root access, control panel and protected with DDoS
- Game 64 – The processor has 4 core and 8 threads with a clock speed of 2GHz, RAM speed of 64GB, storage of 500GB, root access, control panel and protected with DDoS
- Games 64 OC – The Intel processor i7-7700K OC with a clock speed of 7GHz, storage of 500GB, root access, control panel and protected with DDoS
10. 1&1 IONOS
The 1&1 IONOS provides a user-friendly experience, fast service at an affordable cost. They provide automatic backup, protected with DDos and provides a special discount for new users. The two planes are:
- HDD – The processor uses 4 to 8 cores with a clock speed of 4 GHz, RAM speed of 8 to 64GB, the storage capacity of 1000GB to 2000GB, provides unlimited traffic, free domain access, malware protection, and RailGun content network
- SSD/NVMe – The processor uses 4 to 8 cores, clock speed of 4 GHz, RAM speed of 8 to 64GB, unlimited traffic, free domain, sitelock malware protection and SSD storage of 240GB.